.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

An Every Day Occurrence

As for me, I delight In the everyday Way, Among mist-wrapped vines And rocky caves. Here in the wilderness I am completely free, With my friends, The white clouds, Idling forever. There are roads, But they do not reach the world; Since I am mindless, Who can rouse my thoughts? On a bed of stone I sit, Alone in the night, While the round moon Climbs up Cold Mountain. - Han shan ( 8th century)

Monday, August 23, 2004

Shiny Happy People

Corny, I know. Anyway...

This weekend was all about socializing. My hubby says that he is happy to see me back to hosting social events at our house. It was nice for him to see me laughing and being animated again.

This past year, I've been hiding from everyone. Or at least, trying to. Those who have been there, understand perfectly and those who haven't but still managed to bear with me, are beginning to see me more often. There were only a few who were completely insulted at my refusals to socialize outside of my home (when we were at the rental). No big loss.

I've since met two wonderful new people from WiFo. I met her first and after a couple of meet and greets, decided that I should welcome her to my home. It was all I could do to hold my excitement in check and it was tempered only by the fact that family members decided to crash my "party". Still, I did get to chat quite a bit with them both and it's the most I have ever talked in a long, long time. Just hope I didn't scare them away with all that excited chatter.

It is nice that I was able to find someone I clicked enough with on the WiFo to find a new friend. Hope she feels the same way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home